Industrial Credit Union is more than just a convenient place to bank. Our integrity means taking care of your needs before anything else. Our “people before profit” philosophy means we make decisions in the long-term best interest of your family and the community, not to turn a quick profit. We understand you have a lot of banking choices, so consider:
- Industrial Credit Union is a local non-profit credit union. Any profit we make is paid back to you (our member-owners) in the form of better rates, lower fees and convenient services and hours.
- When you bank at Industrial Credit Union, you are part of a financial cooperative. Have you ever been treated unfairly at a bank and wished that there was someone to listen that actually cared? As credit union member you have a vote and a voice that can help shape the way we do business.
- You have the right to vote for your volunteer Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee. In fact, just like representing your neighbors on the city council, you can run for a seat at the credit union. Each credit union member has equal ownership and one vote, regardless of the amount you have on deposit.
- We were founded here in Whatcom County over 70 years ago by your family and friends; and are still owned by your family and friends.
- All of our employees live and work in the local community. We understand your needs, because we share the same experiences, shop at the same stores and live in your neighborhoods.
- Our philosophy of “people before profit” means that we are here for you, even during difficult economic times. It’s okay to ask us for help.
- At Industrial Credit Union, we are in your corner with products, services and solutions to fit your unique situation. We understand that every person has different needs, and we work hard to provide personalized service that benefits you.
Can I join?
Most likely, yes! If you live or work in the state of Washington, you are eligible for membership at Industrial Credit Union. If you live outside of Washington, but are related to a member, you are also eligible.
Belong to something local. Something different. Something you can call your own. Join Industrial Credit Union.
Check out this short video to see how Credit Unions are different from banks: