Debit Card Fraud Protection
Safeguarding your account is an important part of our business. We are proud to provide unparalleled debit card security as part of your credit union membership.
The Falcon Fraud Manager is a 24/7 monitoring system designed to score and analyze your debit card patterns to determine fraudulent activity.
Experienced fraud analysts watch for any suspicious card activity and contact you immediately if they identify potential fraud on your card.
How Falcon works
- The service has information about fraud that has occurred for other cardholders
- The service learns your normal spending patterns. Based on a combination of this information, the service evaluates your transaction. If the transaction is considered risky, you will receive an automated call to verify that you authorized the transaction
- The automated call will come from Card Member Security on behalf of Industrial Credit Union
- You will be asked a series of questions to confirm your identity. These may include: the primary cardholder’s 5-digit zip code, 10-digit phone number, birth date and the last 4 digits of the primary card holder’s social security number. You will not be asked for your card number, expiration date or security code on the back of the card.
- If you confirm the transaction is legitimate, there is no impact
- If you confirm that you did not authorize the transaction, that card is immediately blocked to stop more fraudulent transactions
- If the automated fraud specialist cannot reach you, a message will be left and your card may be temporarily blocked until you return the call
- If you are unable to take the call when they contact you, it is very important that you contact Card Member Security at 1-888-241-2440 (1-909-941-1034 outside of the U.S.) immediately.
How you can help
- Protect your card and card information
- Regularly monitor your statements for any unauthorized activity
- If you are contacted by an automated fraud specialist, please return the call as soon as possible
- Verify that Industrial CU has your current phone number on file so you can be contacted easily if any questionable activity is detected on your account
Credit Union Card Concierge
We want you to use your debit card with convenience wherever you go, whether traveling on business or enjoying a vacation. To help ensure uninterrupted service during your time away from home, please share your travel plans with us before you leave. This enhances our ability to get in contact with you in the event that any suspicious activity is detected on your account during your trip. By providing your contact information, such as telephone numbers and travel destination(s) with start and end dates, we can better serve you while you’re away.
Convenience and peace of mind when you are traveling – at no cost to you! This service is a complimentary part of your membership.
MasterCard wants to protect you while you shop online. MasterCard SecureCode is a simple and secure way to pay at thousands of online stores. A private code known only to you and your financial institution, your SecureCode enhances your existing MasterCard account by protecting you against unauthorized use of your card when shopping online at participating online retailers.
Register your card today at MasterCard SecureCode